Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Race Support

  We have great people in our lives.

Patrick and I race a good bit- I know you missed that notice.  One of the great things about racing is the support we have and have had along the way.  Some of our supporters are family, some are other racers, some are people who just shake their head and smile at us.  But all of them I am thankful for in our lives.  They all support, encourage, and love us.  

The Bridge swim weekend is a great reminder of how much support we have in our lives.  For the past 2 years a very dear friend has taken to the waters as my kayak support during a 25K swim.  She has endured waves, tides, sun, and hour upon hours of paddling.   she looks after me as I swim; offering me water and nutrition along the way, watching out for buoys, making sure I don't drift into the Bay, and of course making sure I don't get eaten by SHARKS!!  It is beyond appreciation!   

Our family members have gotten up at 3am to go to race start lines, just to hang around for 6 hours for us to get to the finish line.  Our family often asks about events, how we are doing with training, and if we are okay, in general.   Some of our family even race with us!   
 
Our friends are both racers and non-racers, but they all are supportive the same.  

We also have the joy of being a part of a local Tri Club, who offer support through out the year.  While we are not always "super" active in club bike rides or get-togethers, we do gain a good bit of support from club members (and hopefully give support too).  It is nice to have people of all levels and specialties around you.  We may all do it differently but we are a support system amongst others who know what it is like to hit the wall and still have to push forward!!!  

I am thankful for all the people in our lives and the ways they support us through training, events, and LIFE!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment