Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014- A Year In Review (What were we thinking?)

February- Sweetheart Run!
When the planning for 2014 was under way in late 2013 I don't think Patrick or I thought it would turn out the way it did.  Of course the year started rough for me; walking around in a boot was not my idea of a good start to the year. I missed the first run of the year, but got a great experience via volunteering to stand out in a horrible storm at the half marathon turn around point.  Then near mid year Patrick faced a rough spot with foot pain and a crash during an event, giving him a cracked rib.  His healing was slow and his motivation shaken by these events.  The year pressed on and with our first Ironman experience in the books, the reflection of the year shows a positive journey.
PBR- 1/2 Marathon- January


Take a look back with us: 

Calloway Gardens- August

    45 Events
                                                       11 of these were Triathlon events. 
MPI Sunset tri- August
2 Super Sprints Distances.
3 Sprint Distances. 
2 Olympic Distances.
3 Half Iron Distances.
1 Ironman Distance
For the first time we also completed a stair climbing event for charity- holy cow that was a tough day. 
This year we participated in a number of new (to us) races.  We also traveled farther this year to race than in previous years. 



269 Running Miles
This year we also made changes to our gear.  
Patrick swapped form cotton shorts to actual running shorts.  
Red Hills- April
March- McGuire's Run
I swapped types of running shorts to a double layer system.  
Patrick also started running topless more, I know scandalous!  
I made the change to Brooks as my running shoe of choice.  
Patrick decided on New Balance shoes, trail runners even for non trail running. 
Freedom Run- July
Double Bridge- February
We were joined by family at many races this year, on and off the course. 








427 Biking Miles
We learned more about our bikes and biking skills this year. 
Chattahoochee Challenge- May
SRI TRI- October
Push and Pull and Push and Pull.  
I swapped out biking seats this year for my tri bike.  I love my new seat. 
Patrick got a new seat too and it has been a love/hate process of getting to know each other. 
We biked our first 100 miles "fun" bike ride, meaning not for an event.  
We learned how great Smuckers Uncrustables are on long bike rides.  
Also Peanut M&M's are amazing motivators for mile treats.  
We learned that hills in Florida are different than hills in Alabama, Georgia, or Tennessee.  
 
Bridge Swims- May


Marineland- June
13 Swimming Miles
In 2014 we swam in the Atlantic Ocean as a part of an Olympic Tri, it was rough and murky that day not the most pleasant swim.
I completed my second year of the 25K swim (not added in total), this year being the first female and second over all finisher.  The next day I raced the 5K swim. 
Patrick finished the 10K swim, even avoiding getting run over by a barge.  He got to swim with dolphins this day too.
Gobble Grind- November
Make It To The Line- December

Through it all one thing remained.  

   We did it together. 

I would never be able to even imagine this journey without my love being there step by step.  He was my healer, my running partner, my encourager, my support, my laughter, my grace; he is what made this possible.  Thank you my love for being there through this year and many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment