Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Supporting the Navy Seal Foundation


Teresa loves to swim open water. She recently committed to the 2016 Tampa Bay Frogman Swim. As part of the event, participants are encouraged to raise money for The Navy Seal Foundation. This is her motivation:

From Teresa Hess:

"I have been participating in marathons, 70.3 triathlon races, 25K swims, and Ironman distance events since 2008. During this time I have had the opportunity to meet and race with several members of our armed forces, especially given that I live near Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola. Many of these racers carry to the finish line the memories of those fallen. They are not running from these memories, but instead they are running for them. These military members are a constant inspiration to make me push myself further and harder, with more determination.

My history with the military started in my childhood. While my parents were both discharged from the military at the time of my birth, their military service was prominent in mine and my brother’s childhood. Enlisted in the US Navy, my father was a Second Class Petty Officer, Machinist Mate on the USS Bluefish Nuclear Submarine, SSN675 with 6 years of service, and my mother was a Seaman, Yeoman for 100 Commands out of Anacostia with 4 years of service. My parents raised me to respect our military and to always honor those whose lives were given for our freedom. It was with this respect and honor in my heart that I made the decision to register for the Tampa Bay Frogman swim.

This event raises funds for the Navy SEAL Foundation. This foundation provides support to the families of fallen SEALs, including trauma and grief assistance and scholarships for education. Additionally, they offer aid in creating monuments and memorials to our fallen heroes so we may remember the sacrifice which keeps us free.

I feel by helping to raise funds for this cause and by taking a swim in the cold January waters of Tampa Bay I am raising awareness for the Navy SEAL Foundation while offering support, hope, compassion, and honor to our service men and women, to their families, and to those who sacrificed all.

If you can, please help me support the Navy SEAL Foundation. Thank you for your support!!!"

Not current 2017 link.

No comments:

Post a Comment